If you enjoyed the post, follow here:
Also, to celebrate this amazing series, Funimation will be honoring the legendary anime series with a variety of online/social media, home entertainment, collectibles and licensing tributes, including:
- On the Funimation Blog, fans can celebrate the legacy of the series with one another, get creator insight and more, whether it’s your first time aboard the Bebop or your 100th!
- The complete series box set on Blu-ray is available on Funimation.
- For fans who want to further their Cowboy experience, Funimation has a full licensing program around the series, including:
- Exciting new offerings from Funko later this year
- A new apparel line from Chalk Line in time for the holidays.
- New posters from Trends International coming this year
- Resin statue figurines from First4Figures, including Jet Black, with more to be added at Funimation
- Pick your favorite Cowboy Bebop design and customize your debit/credit cards with CUCU Covers
- Bioworld has launched customized apparel and accessory products unique to retailers Hot Topic, Box Lunch, Spencer’s, Atsuko and more
- More apparel, wall scroll, plush, and small accessory releases from Great Eastern Entertainment
- Removable and reusable wall decals from Fathead
- Six limited edition vinyl figures from Youtooz
- In the spirit of Halloween, Hot Topic will be hosting some Halloween Watch-A-Longs of some spooky episodes of anime on their Anime and Beyond Discord server! Cowboy Bebop will be a part of this with Session 20, Pierre Le Fou, on 10/8.
Check out the celebration trailer:
Here’s what Chief Content Officer at Funimation Global Group, Asa Suehira, had to say about the series:
Cowboy Bebop helped legitimize anime as a varied, sophisticated, cinematic medium for a generation of fans. The series isn’t driven by sci-fi spectacle but by the characters and relationships on display. That’s what made it an instant hit in Japan and in the United States. And the music is just off-the-hook cool.