For more upcoming news & reviews then give a follow/subscribe:
Well The Batman fans, you’re going to have to wait a bit longer to own the complete series. The new release date for The Batman: The Complete Series is now March 1, 2022, which was previously February 1, 2022. If you want to know why, it’s to enhance the visibility of the box set in retail outlets.
The Batman, one of the most popular superhero animated series, will be releasing on Blu-ray for the very first time, and it will also release digital as well! WBHE has announced that all 65-episodes of The Batman: The Complete Series will be fully remastered.
Here’s the cover for the Blu-ray release:
Take a look at the features that will be on the Blu-ray:
The Batman: The Complete Series – Special Features
- The Dark Dynasty Continues (New Featurette) – Explore the relationship between The Batman and his allies as he evolves from mysterious vigilante to the World’s Greatest Detective.
- Joining Forces: The Batman’s Legendary Team-Ups (Featurette) – How the series’ producers adapted the DC “Team-Up-Tales” approach from the comic books to the screen.
- The Batman Junior Detective Challenge (Quiz) – Alfred tests your detective skills with The Batman: The Complete Series challenge.
- The Batman Junior Detective Exam: Level 2 (Quiz) – Pass The Batman test of knowledge with the level 2 exam.
- Building Batman (Featurette) – Detective Ellen Yin investigates The Batman’s true identity.
- Gotham PD Case Files (Featurette) – Highly confidential profiles of The Batman’s most dastardly foes.
- New Look, New Direction, New Knight (Featurette) – Go behind the scenes to explore the development of The Batman television series.
- The Batman: Season 3 Unmasked (Featurette) – Supervising Producer Duane Capizzi talks about the animated series.
- The Batman: Season 4 Unmasked (Featurette) – A behind the scenes look into the making of Season 4.
Want to know about The Batman? Read this:
The six-time Emmy® Award-winning series premiered on September 11, 2004 on Kids’ WB before eventually shifting to Cartoon Network for subsequent seasons. The Batman: The Complete Series follows 20-something-year-old Bruce Wayne’s early adventures as he balances his daytime persona as a bachelor billionaire with his nighttime guise as a caped crimefighter. Along the way, Batman is joined by allies Robin and Batgirl as they combat Gotham City’s Rogues’ Gallery, including updated versions of his familiar foes as well as a bevy of rarely seen villains like Killer Moth and The Everywhere Man. Join one of the most complex and intriguing character in comic book history for action-packed super heroic adventures that test the limits of this legendary character’s extraordinary physical prowess and super-sleuthing skills.
Executive Producer Alan Burnett led an extremely talented team that included producers Glen Murakami, Jeff Matsuda and Linda Steiner, and supervising producers Michael Goguen and Duane Capizzi. Brandon Vietti anchored a group of eight series directors, while the episode writers featured an all-star roster of scribes including Bob Goodman, Paul Dini, Stan Berkowitz, Steven Melching, Greg Weisman, Joseph Kuhr, Michael Jelenic, Jane Espenson, Paul Giacoppo and Len Uhley.
In addition, the series featured a who’s who of popular actors destined for the voice actor hall of fame, including Phil LaMarr, Hynden Walch, Kevin Conroy, Jeff Bennett, Daran Norris, Lex Lang, Dan Castellaneta, Grey Griffin, Charlie Schlatter, Will Friedle, Townsend Coleman, Kath Soucie, Peter Jessop, Rob Paulsen, Maurice LaMarche, Jim Meskimen, Jim Cummings, Jennifer Hale, John DiMaggio, Cathy Cavadini, Bumper Robinson, Dee Bradley Baker, Carlos Alazraqui and Patrick Seitz.