After fans raved about the world premiere of the English dub at New York Comic Con, Crunchyroll will begin streaming Chainsaw Man in English on its service starting on Tuesday, October 25 at 12:30 PM Pacific Time with new episodes dropping every week.
With ADR direction by Mike McFarland (Attack on Titan; Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood), the Chainsaw Man English dub voice actors, which now includes the newly cast fan favorite character Pochita, currently includes the following:
- Ryan Colt Levy (My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission; Moriarty the Patriot) – English voice of Denji
- Suzie Yeung (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba; WONDER EGG PRIORITY) – English voice of Makima
- Reagan Murdock (Dragon Ball Super; Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer!) – English voice of Aki
- Sarah Wiedenheft (Black Clover; Dr. STONE; Dragon Ball Super) – English voice of Power
- Lindsay Seidel (Attack on Titan Final Season; My Hero Academia) – English voice of Pochita
More cast members for the English dub will be announced at a later date. Chainsaw Man will also be dubbed in Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, and Russian, with dates and cast to be revealed soon.
Crunchyroll began its simulcast of Chainsaw Man from Japan on October 11 in Japanese with subtitles, and airs new episodes every Tuesday at 9:00 AM Pacific Time.
See below for the current cast listing of Japanese voice actors:
- Kikunosuke Toya as Denji
- Shiori Izawa as (Nanachi in Made in Abyss) as Pochita
- Tomori Kusunoki (Natsume in Deca-Dence) as Makima
- Shogo Sakata (Karin Sasaki in Fire Force) as Aki Hayakawa
- Fairouz Ai (Jolyne Kujo in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean) as Power
- Mariya Ise (Reg in Made in Abyss) as Himeno
- Karin Takahashi (Suika in Dr. STONE)as Kobeni Higashiyama
- Taku Yashiro (Tanuma Tsubasa in Kaguya-sama: Love is War) as Hirokazu Arai
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Kento Nanami in JUJUTSU KAISEN) as Kishibe
- Maaya Uchida (Catarina in My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!) as Angel Devil
- Natsuki Hanae (Tanjiro in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba) as Shark Fiend
- Yuya Uchida (Stein in Soul Eater) as Violence Fiend
- Saori Goto (Moeka in STEINS;GATE) as Spider Devil
- Yo Taichi (Kenya in ERASED) as Akane Sawatari
- Daiki Hamano (Gauma in SSSS.DYNAZENON) as Samurai Sword
About Chainsaw Man
Based on the widely popular and award-winning manga of the same name written and illustrated by Tatsuki Fujimoto (Fire Punch; Look Back; Goodbye, Eri) and serialized in Shueisha’s Weekly Shōnen Jump, Chainsaw Man is directed by Ryū Nakayama (Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia; The Rising of the Shield Hero).
Additional Chainsaw Man credits include screenplay by Hiroshi Seko (Attack on Titan Final Season; Mob Psycho 100; Banana Fish), character design by Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation), devil design by Kiyotaka Oshiyama (The Wind Rises; The Secret World of Arrietty; Space Dandy), art direction by Yusuke Takeda (Vivy -Fluorite Eye’s Song-; Sword Art Online; Penguin Highway), and music composed by Kensuke Ushio (The Heike Story; Devilman: Crybaby; Space Dandy).
Animation is produced by MAPPA (Maruyama Animation Produce Project Association), the prestigious anime studio from Japan known for Attack on Titan Final Season, JUJUTSU KAISEN, Yuri!!! on Ice, takt op.Destiny, and the upcoming Hell’s Paradise. MAPPA also released the global box office sensation JUJUTSU KAISEN 0, which has become one of the top five highest-grossing anime movies in the US, top 10 highest-grossing anime movies in the world, and top 20 highest-grossing movies in Japan.
Official Chainsaw Man synopsis
Denji is a teenage boy living with a Chainsaw Devil named Pochita. Due to the debt his father left behind, he has been living a rock-bottom life while repaying his debt by harvesting devil corpses with Pochita.
One day, Denji is betrayed and killed. As his consciousness fades, he makes a contract with Pochita and gets revived as “Chainsaw Man”–a man with a devil’s heart.
Chainsaw Man on Social Media
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and membership Premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles, and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts – top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between U.S.-based Sony Pictures Entertainment and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group.