SQUARE ENIX® today announced the release of the playable demo of upcoming title, OCTOPATH TRAVELER™ II for the Nintendo Switch™ system, the PlayStation®5 (PS5™) console and the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) console. The demo will also be available for PC via STEAM® tomorrow. The OCTOPATH TRAVELER II Prologue demo allows players to choose any of the eight protagonists and play for three hours. Save data will also carry over to the full game which launches on February 24, 2023.
To watch the official OCTOPATH TRAVELER II Prologue Demo Trailer, visit: https://youtu.be/xoQ-VpcXDZg
In OCTOPATH TRAVELER II, players will embark on an exciting journey through the brand-new world of Solistia. Developed by the same team behind the beloved original, which has sold over three million copies worldwide*, this installment improves upon the series’ iconic HD-2D visuals: a striking blend of retro 2D characters in a beautiful 3D world.
The game’s new storyline, characters and features make it the perfect entry for newcomers to the series, while also preserving the charm of the original game for veteran players. Players can look forward to following the journey of eight distinct protagonists as they explore the land and conquer enemies in strategic turn-based battles on an adventure all their own.
New and returning gameplay features and elements include:
- Break & Boost Battle System – Players must act strategically to exploit enemy weaknesses to “Break” them to inflict more damage, and “Boost” their travelers to enhance their abilities.
- Path Actions – Players can interact with NPCs throughout the world in various ways by using actions unique to each character, such as challenging people as the Warrior or stealing belongings as the Thief. Path Actions will vary depending on the protagonist and whether it is day or night.
- Brand-New Story and Characters – Players can embark on a grand adventure in the new land of Solistia and experience the intertwined stories of eight new travelers: Hikari (Warrior), Agnea (Dancer), Partitio (Merchant), Osvald (Scholar), Throné (Thief), Temenos (Cleric), Ochette (Hunter), and Castti (Apothecary).
- Day/Night Cycle – The townscapes and Path Actions available to each character will change depending on if it is night or day, creating more opportunities for exploration and discovery.
- Latent Power – A new battle element in which characters can unleash a powerful ability once the ability’s gauge fills up during combat.
- Crossed Paths – Additional stories will unfold between the protagonists as their journey progresses, further intertwining their narratives.
OCTOPATH TRAVELER II is available to pre-order now in a Standard Digital Edition for Nintendo Switch, PS5, PS4 and PC via STEAM as well as a Standard Physical Edition for Nintendo Switch, PS5 and PS4. A physical Collector’s Edition Set** is also available to pre-order now for Nintendo Switch, PS5 and PS4 exclusively via the SQUARE ENIX Store.
The physical Collector’s Edition Set includes the following:
- OCTOPATH TRAVELER II Standard Edition Game
- OCTOPATH TRAVELER II Travelers Bust Set: bust figurines of the eight protagonists
- OCTOPATH TRAVELER II ART ALBUM: 44-page art book
- OCTOPATH TRAVELER II –Extended Battle Tracks–: mini soundtrack CD
By pre-ordering the Digital Standard Edition, players can receive the “Travel Provisions”*** DLC pack, which contains the below consumable items**** to help players along their journey:
- Healing Grape (M) x 5
- Inspiriting Plum (M) x 5
- Revitalizing Jam x 2
- Gold Dust (can be sold for 5,000 leaves in game) x 1
OCTOPATH TRAVELER II will be available on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC via STEAM on February 24, 2023. For more information, visit: https://www.octopathtraveler2.com
Official Website: https://www.octopathtraveler2.com
About OCTOPATH TRAVELER II
OCTOPATH TRAVELER II is a brand-new entry in the OCTOPATH TRAVELER series, the first instalment of which was initially released in 2018 and sold over 3 million copies worldwide (as of August 2022). It takes the series’ HD-2D graphics, a fusion of retro pixel art and 3DCG, to even greater heights.
In the world of Solistia, eight new travelers venture forth into an exciting new era.
Where will you go? What will you do? Whose tale will you bring to life?
Every path is yours to take.
Embark on an adventure all your own.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 173 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.